As the long summer evenings draw to a close we're very excited for AW collections to roll out across the highstreet and beauty counters- my credit cards is in store for a major outing very soon! So with my favourite time of year just around the corner, here's some of the top trends in Hair, Make-up and Fashion to keep you current for the new season...
- Lash Envy: Natural lashes are left behind with your bandeau bikini as we welcome long, glam falsies into our kit for AW14. Gucci and Versace were among the beauty big guns to embrace lovely long lashes at their AW14 shows. Stock up on your duo glue now!
- The Middle Split: Thanks to Topshop’s AW14 campaign, my junior cert middle split is likely to be making a return, with a little more volume and styling of course. Elie Saab also embraced the centre parting with a straight glossy, but not over-styled finish and teamed up with a metallic smokey eye. Perfection.
- Artsy Nails: Nail art has crept back onto our radars over the past twelve months and is set to get bigger throughout AW14. With half-moons and geometric patterns making appearances on all the top runways- the possibilities are endless here and we’re excited to try out some copycat versions ourselves (how cool is this House of Holland look?)
- Fancy Feet: When it comes to footwear, cut-outs (not a fan, sorry), prints, colour blocking and all things embellished are where it’s headed. Penney's have got this right on the money again with these floral print trainers rolling out in stores early Autumn 2014.
- A Little Blue: And so blue is back, from cobalt to electric it’s a definite theme for AW14. Personally not always my favourite colour, but again it’s down to finding the right shade for you tone to avoid looking washed out. It’s a trend that’s also worked its way into makeup artist’s kits with a pop of blue on eye’s appearing more than once on runways.
[do_widget "blog subscriptions (Jetpack)"]